Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Farmers Wife Sampler Quilt

Last February I decided to start a major quilt project called "The Farmers Wife Quilt Sampler". I wanted something I could work on between other projects. This quilt seemed the perfect thing to keep me busy. After starting it however, I soon found I couldn't stop working on it. I originally had a goal of a block a week, that soon changed to three a week. It wasn't long before I was obsessed. By Christmas I completed all one hundred eleven blocks. During that time I also make a quilt for my granddaughter, many American Girl Doll outfits, and completed quite a few other projects. By the middle of January of this year the quilt top was off to the quilter. I love the way it turned out.
Like I said, there are 111 different 6 inch blocks.  It was so fun to see how each one turned out.  I started to think of them as people.  Some I loved, some not so much.  Some were simple, some very fancy (there are a few blocks with 72 pieces), but when put together they made a beautiful quilt!
Whoever gets this quilt also get a matching set of pillowcases I crocheted around!
Since the first of the year I also bound two additional quilts.  I finished these tops quite a few years ago but just recently had them quilted.

All of my quilts are completed and it's time to start a new one.  I have quite a few ideas going around in my head but Hazel's will be the next one started (I'm thinking pink and brown), then there is Roman and then.....

3 comments:

  1. Awesome looking quilt. Amazing the talent that you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, dibs on the Farmer's Wife quilt! Billie can have shotgun for the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!! You did an amazing job as always!

    ReplyDelete