This is my Grandma Great with my brothers Keith, Larry, and me. I would have to guess and say I was about 6 or 7. That would have the picture taken in about 1958 or 59. As you can see at that age I was just beginning my search for the perfect purse!
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
A Family History Lesson
My Great Grandmother was Altena Ericksen Larsen. She was born July 12, 1872. Grandma Great (She was the first one to go by Grandma Great) was my fathers grandmother. Everyone called her Tiny Tina because if she was five feet tall she would have to have been on her tip toes. I was her only decedent, that I know of, named after her. She was born in Logan Utah but raised her family in Newton. Grandma Great loved her flowers. In my mind I can still see her in her flower garden cutting flowers to bring in for her kitchen table. She always wore a dress, but because she was outside she would also have on Grandpa's old hat to keep the sun off her face. For the most part, her flowers were perennials like peonies, iris, lilacs, and roses. I have always had iris and peonies in my flowerbeds because they remind me of her and I like to think that maybe someday one of my grandchildren will say that these flowers remind them of me. Grandma Great died Dec. 25, 1976. She was 104 years old.
This is my Grandma Great with my brothers Keith, Larry, and me. I would have to guess and say I was about 6 or 7. That would have the picture taken in about 1958 or 59. As you can see at that age I was just beginning my search for the perfect purse!
I finally have all my annuals planted and it looks a little sparse but in a few weeks they will fill in nicely and, hopefully, be beautiful!
This is my Grandma Great with my brothers Keith, Larry, and me. I would have to guess and say I was about 6 or 7. That would have the picture taken in about 1958 or 59. As you can see at that age I was just beginning my search for the perfect purse!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I love that Keith is almost taller than Grandma Great(s) in that picture! Your flowers are always awesome. That talent has seriously skipped this generation! I did finally get my tomatoes planted last night.
ReplyDelete